Does your home have cracks at the foundation, walls, sideways or driveways? Cracks forming on concrete is common and causes instability and a safety scare. If not repaired on time, the cracks will be bigger. You therefore need to act right away other than wait and spend more money in repairs.
Get in touch with our company to get a free inspection and quote of those cracks in your home.
Cracks tend to form on the foundations, walls and sideways since they are made with concentrate. Continual use also subjects them to lots of pressure that forms cracks eventually. When you notice small cracks, you should not ignore them and get in touch with our company to have them sorted out immediately.
Causes of cracks
- Excessive water around the house
- Poor drainage near the house
- Continual use
When concrete has been in use for a long time, it wears off. The sand ballast and cement disintegrate and break apart causing cracks to appear. This may happen over two-decade time, but if you notice that your concrete is less than twenty years and has cracked, it is time to replace it.
- Poor installation
Cracks around your home can be very irritating and pose danger to your family. You need to fix cracks in the following ways:
- Seek the help of experts to inspect it
- If the cracks are on pathways or driveways you can fix the slab foundation on your own
- Ensure that the property is well constructed and joints are properly fixed
- Reduce moisture in your building by ensuring cement is used in recommended amounts
- Maintain your house by regularly repainting and landscaping un an appropriate manner
- Install concrete block foundation on your building with motor and cement mixed in the right quantities
- Avoid chemical reactions on your building that may cause cracks by using the right cement and mixing aggregates well
- Avoid excessively decorating walls by boring holes into the wall that causes cracks.